BOAT DIVE SCHEDULE
AQUANUTS DIVE CLUB
SCUBA DIVING SAFETY
495 Easton Rd - Route 611 - Horsham PA 19044 - (215) 672-4180
STORE HOURS: Monday - Friday 1:00 - 9:00 · Saturday 10:00 - 6:00
DIVE EQUIPMENT: To Buy -- Or Not to Buy
Click here to contact us for more information and assistance
One of the first dilemmas that you face as a new diving
student is whether or not you should buy your own equipment. This page is designed to
guide you in making an informed and intelligent decision. We do feel that it is
important that you are diving in your own equipment. In making that decision,
there are three areas of consideration.
Why Should I Buy My Own Equipment?
We can not overemphasize the advantages of having your own equipment. Because
you feel more comfortable you will look forward to diving more, you will fit
it into your schedule, and you will use your newfound skills as you intended
to. When you feel comfortable and confident, you are ready to go diving. One
of the main reasons that divers drop out of the sport is that they do not
"feel comfortable". This could mean with their equipment, with their skills,
or both. By diving in your own equipment and by taking the
Advanced Openwater Course,
you will not find yourself in that position.
- Comfort - Proper individual fit means you will be more comfortable.
- Safety - You control the maintenance, which means more reliable performance.
- Safety - You know where to reach for the controls and backups.
- Convenience - You eliminate reliance on rental availability.
- Price - You will save money in the long run.
- Health - You know who used your equipment and when.
Why Should I Buy My
Equipment During My Training Course?
Some students feel that they should wait to buy their equipment until after
they finish their training. This is a mistake for the following reasons.
Some divers feel that they would not know what equipment to buy early in
their training. But our professional staff can guide you through those
decisions. Remember that you are our customer and it is our job to make you
happy. If we sell you a piece of equipment and it is not working for you as
you would like, we will be happy to exchange it and have you try something
different. It makes our job easier if you are comfortable and happy.If we do
that job well, it actually makes it easier for us to turn out a better
student -- You!
- Value - You will get the most out of your training when you train on the
equipment that you actually will use when diving.
- Experience - When you buy your equipment during the course, you will
actually get to use it during your pool and openwater training.
- Assistance - Our staff is right there to help you learn to use your
equipment as part of your training, rather than having to learn to use it on
you own after the course.
- Value - Combining the skills and familiarity with your equipment will get
you the most for your training dollar.
- Safety - Obtained by the combination of familiarity with your equipment
and comfort in using that equipment to perform the required skills.
Why Buy From Your
Professional Dive Store, Underwater World?
The proper equipment is essential to your enjoyment of the sport. It is
specialized equipment and it is essential that you get the proper advice
before making your decisions. Here are the reasons to choose Underwater
With over twenty-five years in the dive business, we know what it takes to
produce safe, comfortable, competent and happy divers. That is what has made
Underwater World what it is today, one of the largest dive operations in the
country. (We are the largest single NAUI store in the country.) We see our
customers, not only as customers, but also as friends and dive buddies. It is
a long-term relationship that we are looking for. We can only find that by
making a good diver. A big part of that transition is getting you into your
own equipment and getting you comfortable with it. To that end, we are here
for you. Come in and see us, and we will get that process started.
- Price - With the student discount for mask, fins, & snorkel, special
package pricing on top quality equipment, and financing, we can assure you
that you are making a good investment.
- Service - You are assured long term reliable service and equipment backup.
We have serviced the dive community for over 25 years.
- Choices - We can supply you with a wide selection of quality equipment
from most of the major manufacturers. More choices than anyone in the area.
- Choices - We offer you a large selection of diver services, from dive
travel, to advanced training, to a dive club, to advice and career planning.
- Safety - You are working with one of the best dive operations in the
country. We have thousands of satisfied customers and we want you to be one