Karen Clark-Schock Psy.D., ATR-BC
Licensed Psychologist, Board Certified Art Therapist
1500 E. Lancaster Ave.
Paoli, PA 19301
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.) from Immaculata College
- Master's in Art Therapy (MCAT) from Hahnemann Medical University
- Licensed Psychologist
- Board Certified Art Therapist
- Completed 100 Hour Training in Hypnosis at the Milton H. Erickson Institute,
- Pre-doctoral internship and postdoctoral work in Hypnosis and
Behavioral Medicine at Margolis and Shrier Health Psychology Associates,
- Assistant Professor and Director, Art Therapy Program, University of the Arts,
- Assistant Professor, MCP/Hahnemann University
- Delaware Valley Wellness Network Advisory Board Member
- Medicare Provider
Therapy can be an integral part of life's journey, an opportunity to
acknowledge and develop inner resources, whether or not one is in crisis. I
act as a facilitator to enhance authenticity in being and living. My approach
is flexible and eclectic, as I believe that therapy is a joint effort, with my
tailoring my work to the individual.
I promote an integrative Mind/Body/Spirit approach, utilizing any or all of
- Expressive Art Therapy
- Hypnosis and Imagery
- Hypno-Art Therapy
AREAS OF FOCUS
While I specialize in working with Women's Issues, I work with both men and
women in the following areas: Life Transitions; Stress Management; alleviating
Anxiety and Depression; enhancing Focus, Confidence and Clarity; fostering
Creativity as a life-affirming resource; Imagery and Wellness (including pain
management, symptom reduction, and preparation for medical and surgical procedures);
and Habit Control (e.g., smoking cessation).
Clark-Schock, K., Turner, Y., and Bovee, T. (1988).
A Multidisciplinary Assessment: The Introductory Group.
The Arts in Psychotherapy, 15, pp.79-82.
Turner, Y. and Clark-Schock, K. (1990).
Dynamic Corporate Training For Women:A Creative Arts Therapies Approach.
The Arts in Psychotherapy, 17, pp. 217-222.
WORKSHOPS AND PRESENTATIONS
I have given numerous workshops and presentations in the following areas:
Creativity and Wellness, Creativity and Solutions for Living, Hypno-Art
Therapy, Stress Management, Assertiveness Training, Self-image,
Indispensability, Perfectionism, Women's Friendships, Mother-Daughter
Karen Clark-Schock, Psy.D., ATR-BC
1500 E. Lancaster Ave., Suite 210
Paoli, PA 19301
Advertising Services by